As an online marketer, you know that targeted traffic is the key to a successful website. But how do you achieve the right traffic? By using long-tail keywords! In this article, we will discuss what long-tail keywords are and why they are so important for online marketers. We'll also talk about how to find the exact search queries your customers are using and how you can use that information to sell more successfully online. Are you ready to learn more about long tail keywords?
What are long tail keywords?
Long tail keywords are simply longer and more specific search terms that visitors are more likely to use when they are about to make a purchase. For example, instead of "shoes," a long tail keyword might be "black leather lace-up shoes for women, size 12."
Even though the search volume is lower for long-tail keywords, they often convert better because searchers are already further along in their buyer's journey and know exactly what they want. In addition, the competition on such specific search queries is much lower.
Why should online marketers care about long tail keywords?
There are two main reasons why online marketers should care about long tail keywords: Targeted traffic and higher conversion rates. As we mentioned earlier, long tail are much more specific than general keywords. This means that someone searching for a long-tail keyword is usually already further along in the Buyer's Journey and therefore more likely to convert.
Because long-tail keywords are so specific, competition is also usually much lower. That means it's easier to rank for long-tail keywords, even if you're just getting started with SEO. And as we all know, ranking higher in search results leads to more visitors!
How can I find out the exact search queries of my customers?
There are several ways to find out the exact search queries of your customers:
- Look at your website's search query data in Google Search Console to find out what terms people are using when they land on your website.
- Common keyword research tools like the Google Ads Keyword Planner and Google Trends, do help figure out what people are searching for, however, these tools from Google don't provide much data from long tail keywords.
- Ask your customers directly! Sometimes the best way to find out what people want is to simply ask them.
- Use a tool like SEMrush or SISTRIX to get detailed insights into your competitors' keywords!
- Tip: Use HyperSuggest to get a gigantic list of highly relevant long tail keywords that users are searching for on Google like this!
- Deciding to embark on a subscription business model is an exciting journey of revelation and reward. With so many businesses finding success with a subscription-based revenue model, its success and popularity are expected to reach record highs for years to come. However, the entire process is much easier with the use of an all-in-one subscription-first platform like Subbly.
Now that you know more about long-tail keywords, it's time to use them in your marketing strategy. Remember: targeted traffic = more sales. And there's no better way to target your traffic than with long tail keywords. So get started today and see the results for yourself!